Update #2 (01/15): The HTC 10 Oreo update appears to have been pulled. The RUU file was previously made readily available for download from HTC.com, but its web page can no more time be accessed. The over-the-air update was also believed to be rolling out to unlocked units in the US, though we have not occur across any reports of this in the wild.
The rationale why the download was withdrawn, or without a doubt why it was made readily available in the very first spot, continues to be a mystery. Android Law enforcement suggests it was only HTC 10 owners with Sunshine S-Off—a paid-for boot unlocking tool for HTC devices—that have been able to flash the RUU file, although those without it experienced tried using and failed to do the similar.
This wouldn’t be the very first time the HTC has experienced complications with an HTC 10 update previous 12 months, the Android Nougat deployment in Europe was set on maintain owing to a complex issue soon just after it started to land. We’ll enable you know about the standing of the Oreo update when we understand a lot more.
Update #1 (01/12): HTC is now rolling out the Android Oreo update to the HTC 10, according to reports from Android Law enforcement and Android developer/leaker @LlabTooFeR. The update is hitting the US unlocked units with software edition 3.16.617.2, and its RUU is also readily available for download separately (some buyers are reporting errors when attempting to set up it manually, though).
The update contains all the expected Oreo functions like photograph-in-photograph mode, improved notifications and prompt applications, and will come in at about 1.8 GB. In the meantime, LlabTooFeR also threw out speculation that the European HTC 10 would get Oreo in the upcoming 3-5 months.
As for specific carrier updates, these ought to follow in the coming months, but note that there was a lot more than a two-month gap concerning T-Mobile and Verizon updates previous 12 months, so you could be waiting around some time.
Welcome to the HTC 10 Android update tracker web page. This web page covers all important U.S. carriers with a fast reference desk for just about every and a log with back links to further more details. It will be often current with the latest HTC 10 update information, but it will not include things like normal security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this web page so you can stay up to day with the extremely latest updates.
HTC 10 Android Oreo update
The HTC 10 began to obtain Android Nougat back in November, producing HTC one particular of the very first suppliers to roll it out. Though the gadget isn’t the enterprise precedence that it was previous 12 months, reports arrived in on January 11 that the Oreo update was hitting unlocked units in the US. This would have been very good kind for HTC, but it appears that it was a wrong alarm.
We’re not sure what is upcoming for the rollout in the US, but the European deployment may be only a couple months away. Additional before long.
HTC 10 Update US
|HTC 10 update – US||Android 6..1||Android 7.||Android 8.|
|Verizon||Of course||Of course||TBC|
|T-Mobile||Of course||Of course||TBC|
|Dash||Of course||Of course||TBC|
T-Mobile HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- January 7, 2017, T-Mobile problems the HTC 10 Android Nougat update to its shoppers.
Dash HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- February 20, 2017, Dash commences rolling out the remaining Nougat construct to the HTC 10. It contains the latest security patches and network performance advancements.
Verizon HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- March 30, 2017, Verizon has begun rolling out Android 7. Nougat to HTC 10 units on its network.
- March 29, 2017, HTC Vice President of Item Management Mo Versi announces that the Android Nougat OTA for HTC 10 owners on Verizon will begin on March 30.
- December 29, 2016, Verizon rolls out latest HTC 10 security patches, Nougat continue to to arrive.
Intercontinental HTC 10 update (2PS6200):
- February 23, 2017, Android Nougat confirmed in India on HTC 10.
- February 7, 2017, update commences yet again in mainland Europe.
- January 26, 2017, Nougat rolls out in Russia, Middle East and Turkey, but is delayed in Europe next complex problems.
- January 24, 2017, Android Nougat hits the UK, the relaxation of Europe to follow before long just after.
If you’ve been given an update we have skipped, strike the feedback below or Idea Us!